Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Fish







I finally caught a nice fish. It was a 20 inch small mouth bass- beautiful fish and it was very fat. I caught a 21 inch small mouth bass on Mille Lacs but I don't think it was as fat so I'm putting this fish as my biggest ever. What a relief to catch something nice after so many nasty exotic species.
The picture of the island- Horseshoe Island - is the island in the background where I caught my fish. We were fishing there because it was more out of the wind and the waves were less than 2ft. Out on the bay itself the waves were over 3ft so we didn't even try to go out there.
I love showing the big boats ( yachts) in one of the marinas in Sturgeon Bay. I also love the way they are working on the old bridge in Sturgeon Bay. We haven't figured out if they are fixing it or tearing it down. They use small boats like the one hanging in the air to work on it. At the end of their shift they hang the boats in the air - I guess to keep them safe over night.

1 comment:

Barbara Kuzma said...

NICE fish Beth! If you ever meet a guy by the name of Matt Felhofer around there - he will know The Kuzma's of Eagan. He and his wife Nancy and their kids used to be our neighbors ... they are from that area and they returned one day and now he and his brother(s) are in the marine equipment sales business I believe. Surely there are many ... but sometimes it's a small world afterall! :)