Total Pageviews

Monday, December 28, 2009

Critters







We've seen a lot of wildlife since we have been here. Wild turkeys, white tail deer, raccoons, and even a live armadillo. There are also a lot of ducks hanging out at the reservoir but just mostly coot which are not good eating so we haven't seen any duck hunters. We've seen a lot of turkey vultures but everyone that has been here before says there are a lot fewer of them around. They think the ranchers poisoned a bunch to keep their baby goats and lambs safe.
They have mostly goats on the range around here because its pretty slim pickings and very rocky ground -- not very good for cattle.
We are hoping to get out and fish at least once more before the end of the year. We might be having some bad weather coming. Everytime they predict bad weather here it just ends up being a sprinkling of rain and a lot of wind. I know farther east of us in Texas they have had a little snow and ice but thankfully not here.
We had a great feast of grilled turkey and all kinds of good eats here at the campground on Christmas eve. There is a party planned for New Years Eve but we will see how many actually last until midnight. Last year at the campground in New Mexico the party only lasted until almost 11pm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and Jim. And Happy New Year. It sounds like I'd fit right in with the rest of the campers on New Year's Eve. For too many of my formative years I heard the Old Farmer say, "It's dark out -- it's bedtime" for me to be able keep my eyelids apart late into the night. Usually by 9 p.m. I'm yawning and having fond thoughts of my pillow, and by 10 p.m. I'm so sleepy that I'm dumb as a post. Hope your New Years Eve is more exciting than mine!
Brenda