Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello Kitty

















I try to take a walk down by the fields in the refuge every night. I saw a bobcat one of the first times I walked -- from a safe distance-- but I had no camera. Finally, this time I had a camera with when I spied kitty. We think there are two of them around. They love to hunt for birds around the brush down by the water. The one I saw the first time was sitting at the end of the dock -- fishing. A lady that lives close by told us she has watched the bobcat fish off of her dock and after 45 minutes patience paid off and with a swipe of paw in the water the bobcat came up with a fish.

I got a picture of this belted kingfisher sitting on a wire. He is actually overlooking a pond watching for dinner to swim by him. There are osprey, great blue herons, great white egrets and cattle egrets as well as night herons that all fish the ponds. What is kind of funny is the fact that the ponds are used to rear endangered fish. I don't know how many of these precious fish end up as fish dinners for all these critters!

No comments: