Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2013

A Touch of Mink


We were out fishing and I saw a mink swimming out from an island.   I thought I would get a great picture with the telephoto lens.  As I was taking pictures he kept coming closer and closer to the boat.  Pretty soon I realized he was actually looking for a way in the boat.   I guess he thought it would be a good place to rest but I shooed him away.  Mink can be quite mean so I didn't want it getting too close.  I did want to reach out and pet that fabulous fur!

It has been kind of cool here and the water temp has dropped 10 degrees.  That makes it really hard to swim and enjoy all of the water toys.  The kids still manage to use them but they don't stay in the water as long.  When they turn blue from the cold water they run into the sauna to warm up.  Its looking like we are done with the hot weather and by mid August the night time temps usually drop in the 40's so the water will just keep getting colder from here on out.  

No comments: