Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Metal Detecting by Quartzite


I'm still learning how to take pictures from my new smartphone and put them on my computer.  Somehow these pictures turned into little videos.  I hope they work if you click on them.  We had a great Thanksgiving with friends we worked with at the Imperial Wildlife Refuge and are all staying in Yuma this winter.  We bought a big Weber grill so I could cook a turkey on the grill like I used to do.  It turned out good and we had quite a feast. 

We had to drive up to Quartzsite for some gold mining supplies so we decided to do some metal detecting along the way.  When you get close to Quartzsite there are lots of open camping areas that you can hike, drive a 4-wheeler, metal detect, gold prospect, etc.  We didn't find anything but its nice to get out and hike around the desert.  It was a very nice day but it did get a little hot -- close to  90 degrees.  It's supposed to start cooling down and by next weekend be in the 60's. 

No comments: