Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2019

Blooms and bugs


I got a picture of one last cactus flower that was different from the rest.  These are large blooms that are good 8 inches across -- so pretty.  The brick wall in the background is made of Mexican brick.  I thought Mexican brick was an Arizona thing but I guess its only found around Yuma and Quartzsite.   The bricks are very colorful but I don't know how they are made.

The other picture is an Arizona blister beetle as best I can tell from looking it up on the internet.  They were all over the desert these past few weeks.  One lady had her dog out in the desert while she was metal detecting and she was worried the dog would try to eat one.  Not sure what would happen but with a name like blister it probably wouldn't be good.

We are staying in Quartzsite an extra day or two waiting out some rain and wind.  If we don't have to travel in it why would we.

No comments: