Total Pageviews

Friday, April 30, 2021

Quartzsite Gold & Lead


 
Our big haul from our gold mining in Quartzsite is what you see in the blue pan.  Small amount but very pretty.  Now if only what's in the other picture was gold.  It is all the lead I have found with my metal detector.  The detector can tell you if its iron or non iron meaning lead and/or gold.  It cant tell the difference between lead and gold.  I have watched U tube videos of how to use my metal detector and if you get good enough you can tell by the slight difference in the sound it makes.  I think I will be digging up a lot more lead before I get that good.

We packed up and left Quartzsite just as it was starting to get really warm.  The weather for the month of April was very nice while we were there.  We still had to go out early in the morning to gold prospect but it wasn't beastly hot by 9am so that was nice.   Now we are in Wickenburg which is about 90 miles east of Quartzsite and closer to Phoenix.  It is a little cooler here because it is at a little higher elevation.  The campground we are staying at is close enough to downtown Wickenburg that we can walk uptown and see the sights.  We  are staying here for a little while waiting for it to quit snowing up by Show Low --our home for the summer.
 

No comments: