Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Lizard eggshells?




When we were out digging for gold we kept finding these little eggshells barely the size of a peanut.  They were all cracked and if you touch them they want to crumble.  We were digging in a wash and at first I thought we were finding them just in the top layer of soil under a creosote bush.  That would make sense since critters like to make homes in the dirt under these bushes but we kept finding them no matter how far in we dug.   The shells were so small and so abundant I guessed they might be from a lizard nest.  That is what I keep telling myself since I don't want it to be snake or scorpion eggs but who knows.  

I also found a rock with a little fossil in it.  The white stripe in the middle is actually a skeleton of some small creature like a centipede.  You might have to click on the picture to see it better.  

Just weird things you find out digging.  

We might not be digging for awhile now that it has rained some.  We will have to see how wet the dirt got but there is another band of rain coming this week and if we get any of that we will be done digging for sure for a month or so.  
 

No comments: