Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Giant Walleye!




Jim finally caught a giant walleye out of the waters of Green Bay. The walleye-- not the greatest picture-- was 29 inches long making it around 9 pounds. We were trolling around a reef outside the mouth of Sturgeon Bay. Jim was using a large purple lure that I had just purchased. The fishing report had said that purple and green were the colors that were catching walleye. I went and bought another purple one so I can try it too. Jim was so excited -- it's his first walleye in two years -- since we fished up in Rainy Lake before we left Minnesota. I was the one that caught walleye down in New Mexico our first winter south. We didn't catch any walleye last summer here in Door County. It took us all summer to learn how to fish here. Hopefully we will have more luck and we will both catch some really nice walleye.
I had to take a picture of the giant orange fungus I spied in the campground. It was so pretty it looked like a giant flower. We don't know what kind it is and now its faded to a normal mushroom beige color.
Even though we live in our "camper" year round sometimes we forget to just enjoy "camping". The other night we had a nice campfire and we roasted some weiners and I even made smores. Life just doesn't get any better!

1 comment:

Barbara Kuzma said...

Wonderful post ... living the dream you two! :D